Since Sept 2019, because of high demand for classes, first trial session is $25-$35 depending on session length (45mins- 1 hour). First free hour is given to families during promotion periods only or who express financial need. Thank you for understanding.
As of September 13, 2019 I am currently actively working with 15 students ranging from ages 4-15 (grades Prek-9th Grade) at least one hour a week in a 1:1 or 1:2 setting.
PreK/K (2 Students)
First Grade ( 3 Students)
Second Grade (1 Student)
Third Grade (2 Students)
Fifth Grade (3 Students)
Seventh Grade ( 3 Students)
Ninth Grade (1 Student)
Gifted and Talented= 3 Students (K,1,2)
SHSAT= 3 Students (7th Grade)
NYS Math and ELA State Test= 8 Students (Grades 3-8)
In addition to working with children, Mei has extensive experience teaching adults English and preparing them for the GED. She is licensed in NYS TESOL for adults. Please call or email to inquire about these classes coming soon. First session free and free consultation. Guaranteed results.All materials and books are free with tuition!
July and August $ale- Email or call to reveal discount!
With msheducates tutoring, all you need is 60-90 minutes a week instead of 120-180 minutes to avoid the summer slide and to stay ahead for the upcoming grade.
I will share my students stories using pseudonyms separately, but here it is in a nutshell:
I continue to do what I do today because I truly see results and helping students succeed makes my day.
- I have helped students jump 7-8 reading levels in the course of 9 months.
- Students have improved from all level 1's to all level 3's in their report card in a particular subject in just one semester.
- Students have gotten into Stuyvesant High School with my preparation on the SHSAT for 5 months.
- Students at risk of being left back, gets promoted to the next grade level and then performs above grade level the following school year!
- Students start to believe in themselves and behavior shifts in school and at home.
Mei, 31 has over 17 years of experience working with children- over 9 of those years were instructional. She has worked as a public school teacher with the NYC DOE, daycare teacher, education director, camp counselor, arts and crafts specialist, and currently a full time tutor with 16 students ranging from ages 4-15 grades Prek-9th. She has impacted hundred's of children's lives positively and continues to do so.
Mei holds a professional TESOL teaching license Prek-12th grade, and is obtaining a Spanish bilingual extension Prek-6th Grade. In addition to licenses working with children, she holds a NYS Business School License teaching English to adults as a second language. She also held a Common Branches Gen Ed license 1-6. She holds both a Masters and Bachelor's in Education and double majored in Spanish Literature and Education for her BA.
Mei's goal is to utilize her experience and credentials to continue to positively impact our future generation.
My competitors are charging $125+/hour for tutoring and their tutors are not certified with less experience. I offer tutoring at a fraction of the price because I truly want to help. Please check out the services tab for more info on pricing. I also offer free consultation and first session free without contract or commitment so you have nothing to lose. All books and materials are included in tuition. 9 out of 10 clients sign up after trial session!
How do I set my students up for success?
1. Assessment- Before tutoring begins, I ask parents and guardians for report cards and homework to get an idea of what the child's strengths are along with their areas in need of improvement. In addition to that data, I also assess students with my own materials.
2. Individualized Learning Plan- After the assessment, I create learning goals for my students with time frames. Students are guaranteed to show at least 1-2 levels of improvement within 7-10 hours of tutoring.
3. Materials Tailored to Individual Needs- I plan and purchase materials weekly as I instruct so am flexible to the changing needs of my students as they show progress. All materials and books are included in tuition!
4. Strengths Focused and Positive Reinforcement- Many times students feel down or low self esteem because of their performance in school. I focus on their strengths and utilize that to motivate them. When we believe in them, they are fulfilled to believe in themselves. As a result, higher self-esteem and better performance in school and in life.
5. Ongoing Communication- Depending on parent or guardian's preferences, I give an update after every session on how your child performed and what you can do to support your child at home. My email and number is available to parents and guardians along with teachers from schools so we are working collaboratively as a team.
6. 100% Results and Satisfaction Guaranteed- Consultation and first session is free without obligation so there is nothing to lose, only a lifetime of success to gain for your child! Join now!
There's no shame in seeking a tutor to help support your child. Why do people hire tutors? From my experience, it is mostly for remedial purposes. However, there are some parents with children that are already on or above grade level; they just want their children to continue to excel. Whether it is for a child who is at risk of being left back, help preparing for a state test/entrance exam, or just simply to stay ahead, a tutor would be greatly beneficial. From my nine plus years of tutoring, I have helped over 250 individuals ranging from ages 4-adult reach their academic goals. As a result, their confidence sky rocketed. Guaranteed results because I believe all are capable of achieving success despite their size, age, or other demographics.